Policy of allotment of parking spaces and suits
By Legal Bureau
What Society Bye-law says
79.(a) Member may hold Parking Space/stilt if he has purchased the same and he shall have a right to sell the same to transferee or other eligible member of the same society.
(b) The allotment of Parking Space/stilts shall be made by the Committee on the basis of “First Come First Served”, for unsold and available space in the society. The member shall have no right to sell or transfer the said allotted Parking Space/ stilts to anybody.
Restriction on parking spaces stilts Marking of parking spaces or stilts
80. No member shall be entitled to utilize more parking spaces/stilts than what is allotted to him by the Committee or which he has purchased.
81. Where any stilts have been built or open space in the Society’s compound is available for parking of cars, the Society shall number the stilts or the open space in such a way that no inconvenience would be caused to any of the member of the society. The Committee shall ensure that the space is used by the members for the purpose for which it is allotted.
Eligibility for allotment of stilts or parking spaces
82. A member ,having a motor vehicle, will only be eligible to have stilts or a parking space. No member shall normally be eligible for being allotted more than one stilt or a parking space for parking the car owned by him or allotted to him by his employer, or the firm of which he is the partner or the company of which he is the director. If any stilts or parking spaces remain un-allotted for want of applicants for allotment, a second or third stilt or parking space may be allotted to the same member who has earlier been allotted the stilt or the parking space. Such allotment of 2nd or 3rd stilts/parking space shall be made on year to year basis provided the same is not required by another member, who is not allotted even a single stilt/parking space.
83. In case, the number of vehicles of eligible members are in excess then the available parking space/stilts the managing committee. It allot such parking space /stilts by “lot” on yearly basis.
Applications for allotment of stilts or parking spaces
84. The member desiring to have a stilt or a parking space may make an application to the Secretary of the society giving necessary details. The procedure for disposal of applications for permission under this bye-law as laid down under the bye-law No.65 shall be followed by the Secretary and the Committee of the Society .
Payment of charges for parking of vehicles
85. Every member, who has been allotted the stilt or the parking space shall be required to pay the parking charges at such rate as may be decided by the general body of the society at its meeting, irrespective of the fact whether he actually parks his motor vehicle or not. Where a member has been allotted more than one stilt/ parking space, he shall pay parking charges in respect of every such stilt or parking space as decided by the General Body Meeting, but within the limits as prescribed by the government of Maharashtra from time to time.
Parking of other vehicles.
86. Every member having a scooter, a motor cycle or an auto-rickshaw shall obtain permission of the Committee for parking his vehicle in the compound of the society and pay the charges fixed by the General Body of the Society at its meeting, but within the limits as prescribed under the circular issued by government of Maharashtra from time to time.